Follow on facebook

Thursday, June 30, 2011

No one can raise to low expectations!



No matter what your background, color, sex, creed, or financial situation may be, your previous failures in business are not your fault!  It's simply that no one ever told you what you were capable of.  All of your life you were only told what you could not do.

Allow me to tell you a story.  On a bright sunny day I decided to get  the oil in my car changed.  As I sat in the waiting room I saw a mother with her pre-teen daughter and toddler son.  It was mid September however upon the wall hung a Christmas decoration.  Now  I tried to focus on the self help book I was reading.  However, the child jumping for all his worth to reach this ornament caught my attention. For some strange reason I was fascinated by this child.  A smile came across my face as I watched pure innocence.

Then from nowhere I heard something very disturbing coming from his sister. The one charged with helping him to grow.  Bear in mind I take nothing away from the parent.  However, the old adage tells us that it takes a village to raise a child

Interrupting me for the second time was a voice pertaining not to me saying "You Will never reach it. No matter how high you jump".  Needless to say I was heart broken.  Not for myself, but for that child. Because first i realized that "THE DEVIL IS A LIAR"!  Secondly I realized that the message given to him was one of many that would steal from him the natural power that God gave him.

At that moment I realized that it would become embedded in him that no matter how hard he tried he would never reach his goals in life.

Think for a moment those individuals that did this to you. Okay that was to much time.  I am a firm believer that the only reason to look at the past is for laughs and lessons.  What have you learned from this look at your past?

SB Fuller's mother told him. "Do not blame God because we are poor.  We are poor because your father never had the desire to be rich".

Do you have that desire?  Maybe your desire is only to afford you to quit your job.  Remember your vision is not in danger of being too big.  Only in danger of being to small.

Whatever in life you have wanted and not received is only because someone talked you out of it.  If you would like to learn how to clean out the clutter in your mind please contact me so that I can get you on a mental cleanse where you can get rid of the stinking thinking and gain the glory of being the king or queen that God called you to be.  In the mean time please accept SUCCESS IN TEN STEPS as my free gift for taking the time to read my blog. Have a blessed day

1 comment:

  1. There's a truth there, in what SB Fuller's mom told him - desire is a first step to overcoming one's limits and challenges.

    Thanks for sharing, Sev.

    ReplyDelete